by WorldTribune Staff, August 20, 2018
Rudy Giuliani had a message for former CIA Director John Brennan, who said he may take legal action after having his security clearance revoked – bring it on.
“Then we take his deposition right away. As the plaintiff, he would have to go first and I would, I mean I’d volunteer to do that case for the president,” Giuliani said during an interview on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures”.
“I’d love to have Brennan under oath for I don’t know how many days, two or three days? We’ll find out about Brennan.”
Giuliani, the lead lawyer on President Donald Trump’s legal team, cited Brennan’s role as CIA station chief in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, when the Khobar Towers were bombed in 1996, killing 19 U.S. service members, and his support for Communist Party presidential candidate Gus Hall in 1980.
“How do you become CIA director if in the midst of the Cold War, you vote for a Communist? Only Obama would pick you,” Giuliani said.
Brennan said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Aug. 19 that he had been contacted by a number of attorneys about the possibility of challenging in court Trump’s decision to yank his security clearance.
“If my clearances and my reputation as I’m being pulled through the mud now, if that’s the price we’re going to pay to prevent Donald Trump from doing this against other people, to me, it’s a small price to pay,” Brennan said. “So I’m going to do whatever I can personally to try to prevent these abuses in the future. And it if means going to court, I will do that.”
Trump blasted Brennan in an Aug. 18 tweet, calling him a “loudmouth, partisan political hack” and “easily the WORST” CIA director in history.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders announced last week that Brennan’s clearance had been pulled because he made “a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations – wild outbursts on the Internet and television – about this administration.”