by WorldTribune Staff, October 23, 2016
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump offered up his “Contract with the American voter” during a campaign rally at Gettysburg on Oct. 22.
In a speech at the Gettysburg National Battlefield, Trump said he would move quickly to clean house in Washington.
The GOP candidate said he would cancel President Barack Obama’s “unconstitutional” executive actions, pick a conservative replacement for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, cancel all federal funding to “sanctuary cities” that harbor illegal aliens and suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where applicants can’t be properly vetted.
He also vowed to sign a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress, to impose a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying for foreign governments and to end the practice of foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Highlights of Trump’s contract include:
- ‘Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act’: Economic plan designed to grow the economy 4 per cent per year and create 25 million new jobs. Involves tax cuts, trade reform, regulatory relief, lifting restrictions on energy production, and encouraging companies with offshore funds to bring them back to America.
- ‘End The Offshoring Act’: New tariffs on goods brought into the U.S. by American companies that relocate jobs outside the U.S.
- ‘American Energy & Infrastructure Act’: Uses public-private partnerships and tax incentives to generate $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years.
- ‘School Choice And Education Opportunity Act’: Redirects education dollars to allow parents to choose any public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school; ends the ‘Common Core’ federal standards; and expands vocational and technical education.
- ‘Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act’: Replaces the Affordable Care Act with health savings accounts, removes barriers to purchasing health insurance across state lines, allows states to manage Medicaid funds and speeds up drug approval inside the Food and Drug Administration.
- ‘Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act’: Provides tax deductions for childcare and elder care and incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare services.
- ‘End Illegal Immigration Act’: Funds a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, “with the full understanding that the country of Mexico will be reimbursing the United States”; establishes 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after deportation, 5-year mandatory minimum for felons who illegally re-enter, and 5 years for coming back after multiple deportations; increases penalties for overstaying visas.
- ‘Restoring Community Safety Act’: Creates a Task Force On Violent Crime, increases federal funding of police forces and boosts federal support for anti-gang prosecutions.
- ‘Restoring National Security Act’: Eliminates the federal defense “sequester” to restore military funding, guarantees veterans the option of private health care if VA facility wait times are long, institutes new defenses against cyberattacks, and establishes new immigration screening based on “values”.
- ‘Clean up Corruption in Washington Act’: Enacts new ethics reforms affecting politicians and their staffers.