by WorldTribune Staff, May 1, 2022
About 2,000 of America’s elites who aren’t living paycheck-to-paycheck gathered on Saturday night as the White House Correspondents dinner returned after a two-year Covid hiatus.
Joe Biden was in stitches when host Trevor Noah noted: “Since you’ve come into office, things are really looking up. Gas is up, rent is up, food is up! Everything!”
HaHa. Pretty funny for those not on the receiving end.
One correspondent who didn’t speak at Saturday’s fete, Rowan Scarborough, offered the following on Facebook:
As submitted to the brand new Disinformation Governance Board. If I did standup at last night’s White House correspondence dinner:
1. First I want to welcome those of you who just crossed the Southern Border. Sorry for the ill-fitting tuxedos. They were rush jobs.
2. And I apologize for the cell phone coverage. I know the White House promised you 5G service wherever you travel but hardened beat reporters and their glamorous Hollywood guests crashed the WiFi with their tweets, photos and the shrimp-bar videos.
3. now the White House has just handed me a public service announcement. If you are one of those border crossers on the terrorist watch list, there is a curfew to report back to your hotel. And it will be strictly enforced by Department of Homeland Security chief Mayorkas. I believe he told you this at his reception line at the DHS reception.
4. The Mexican drug cartel table was really popping tonight. And the line of Hollywood celebrities paying their bills, I mean, paying their respects, was impressive.
5. President Biden will be here soon. He wants to thank you personally for promoting Christopher Steele, debunking the Hunter Biden laptop, and revealing how Vladimir Putin is responsible for everything going wrong in America.
6. Biden told me that, to set an example, he will adhere to speech guidelines from his new Disinformation Governance Board, which has already banned the word “kleptocracy.”
7. Isn’t it great that, on this night, journalists, who live by the First Amendment, get to give a warm welcome to the president who just set up the most powerful government censoring hammer since Stalin decreed, “There is no famine in Ukraine.”
8. Dear Mr. Elon Musk: I will post this disinformation knowing it may well be my last.
(A compilation of Noah’s jokes from the dinner can be seen here.)