by WorldTribune Staff, February 15, 2021
Last month, as Big Tech and corporate media were coordinating in Big Brother fashion to silence conservative voices, George Orwell’s novel “1984” was the top-selling book on Amazon.
Other Orwell quotes relevant to the times are making the rounds on the Internet:
- “Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
- “A society becomes totalitarian when its structure becomes flagrantly artificial: that is when its ruling class has lost its function but succeeds in clinging to power by force or fraud.”
- “What is needed is the right to print what one believes to be true, without having to fear bullying or blackmail from any side.”
- “No one can get up much enthusiasm for a Government which puts you in jail if you open your mouth.”
- “There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”