Trump poses no real threat to nuclear deal, Iran official claims

by WorldTribune Staff, September 29, 2016

A Donald Trump presidency would be “constrained by realities” and could not seriously impact the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization said.

“I think whoever gets into the … office of the president in the United States will have to move according to the realities on the ground,” Ali Akbar Salehi told a panel discussion in Vienna on Sept. 28, according to Reuters.

Ali Akbar Salehi
Ali Akbar Salehi

“You can (use) many words, slogans, but then at the end of the day you are constrained by the realities. I don’t think (the nuclear deal would receive) any serious impact (from Trump). It may go a little bit up and down, it may delay certain things, but it will not seriously detract (from the deal).”

Trump has described the nuclear accord as “the worst deal ever negotiated”.

Trump has said on numerous occasions that he would seek to renegotiate the deal if elected president.

One of those times came during his speech at the AIPAC policy conference, where he said rolling back the “disastrous” deal with Iran would be one of his top priorities.

Meanwhile, Iranian officials have continuously accused the United States of violating the nuclear deal. In his speech before the UN General Assembly last week, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani blamed “Zionist pressure groups” for playing a part in Washington’s failure to comply with the deal.

Be Sociable, Share!


Login To Your FaceBook to Make Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login