Columns by Sol W. Sanders
Click here for columns published in 2001
Click here for columns published in 2002
Click here for columns published in 2003
Click here for columns published in 2004
Click here for columns published in 2006
Click here for columns published in 2007
Click here for columns published in 2008
- January 6, 2005 - More than relief, Tsunami survivors need a new lease on life
- January 13, 2005 - The Vietnam ghost that does walk in Iraq
- January 20, 2005 - Zhao's finest hour and a tale of two massacres
- January 27, 2005 - Mr. Bush goes alliance-mending
- February 3, 2005 - Mao's ghost rattles Katmandu
- February 10, 2005 - Pakistan's 'wild west' – with new Chinese port – keeps getting wilder
- February 17, 2005 - China policy, anyone?
- February 23, 2005 - A reminder from Japan of what allies do
- March 2, 2005 - Terrorists are winning in Southeast Asia
- March 16, 2005 - Will Condi, like Colin, insist that all is well in Beijing?
- March 23, 2005 - Ceaucescu's ghost rattles Central Asia & China
- March 30, 2005 - After failed Mideast policy crashed and burned, U.S. response sparked a revolution
- April 7, 2005 - China, India and the Himalayan 'strategic high ground'
- April 13, 2005 - Do the South Koreans know what they are doing?
- April 20, 2005 - Has China's leadership lost its head?
- April 27, 2005 - Vietnam, Vietnam, Vietnam …
- May 5, 2005 - Tiny nimble Taiwan vs huge hamhanded Mainland
- May 12, 2005 - Democracy, autocracy, kleptocracy, and hypocrisy
- May 18, 2005 - Brinksmanship with a ticking clock: The case for waiting out the Korean crisis
- May 25, 2005 - By China a world ensnarled
- June 1, 2005 - Being Number One is no picnic: The Central Asia balance sheet
- June 9, 2005 - U.S. taking harder line toward China — on all fronts
- June 16, 2005 - The truth about today's Vietnam, as told by Le Dang Doanh
- June 23, 2005 - Foreign policy dreamscapes: Does reality matter?
- June 30, 2005 - Geopoliticonomical moment of truth: China's bid for Unocal
- July 7, 2005 - Indian-U.S. ties haunted by Soviet ghosts, spooked by China
- July 18, 2005 - The post-9/11 struggle for the Eurasian 'Heartland'
- July 21, 2005 - Has Iraq fed international Islamicist terrorism?
- July 29, 2005 - Pakistan: Where the world's problems collide — and grow worse
- August 3, 2005 - Has the UN barn door already been un-Boltoned?
- August 11, 2005 - High stakes for Koizumi, and Asia, in coming Japanese election
- August 18, 2005 - World war on terror: Why U.S. must stay the course
- August 25, 2005 - Upcoming: Hu vs. Bush in a game of new world poker down at the ranch
- September 1, 2005 - India turns left — into the ditch
- September 8, 2005 - America's PR problem: With friends like BBC/al-Jazeera . . .
- September 15, 2005 - The Koizumi revolution: Japan embraces change, for a change
- September 22, 2005 - The UN: From absurdity to menace
- September 29, 2005 - Meeting a 'Rising China' with tough talk but no policy
- October 6, 2005 - Lesson from Vietnam: Don't judge an insurgency by its media
- October 13, 2005 - The war we are losing
- October 20, 2005 - Putin's nightmares: Spreading insurgency, rising China
- October 27, 2005 - North of the border: Playing the China card with a limp wrist
- November 3, 2005 - Terrorists going for an Indian base
- November 9, 2005 - Time to say 'au revoir' to 'Francophonyland'
- November 18, 2005 - The purpose of terror is … terror
- November 24, 2005 - Kashmir, the ticking time bomb in a devastating earthquake's rubble
- December 2, 2005 - Reality and virtual reality in Washington
- December 9, 2005 - Condeleezza Rice as whirling dervish
- December 16, 2005 - Hard facts about China’s 'soft power'
- December 23, 2005 - A Giuliani-type fix for U.S. diplomacy
- December 30, 2005 - India’s Fakir security policies