by WorldTribune Staff, June 29, 2016
The distraught mother of one of the Americans killed in the Sept. 11, 2012 terror attack at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya continues to plead for answers, an apology, or any kind of acknowledgment of responsibility from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Clinton’s response: “It’s time to move on.”
For Patricia Smith, mother of slain U.S. information management officer Sean Smith, “it is definitely not time to move on. So far, all she has done is lied and people are believing her,” Smith told Fox Business host Deidre Bolton on June 28. “
The left-wing media is enabling the Democratic presidential candidate to get off “scot-free” from misdeeds that “should have ended her career,” David French wrote for National Review.
“If you are a prominent Democratic politician, what exactly is the level of wrongdoing that will end your career?” French queried.
“The Benghazi attack and the subsequent collapse of Libya into a jihadist playground should have ended her career. Instead, because of the well-worn (and media-assisted) process of progressive scandal management, she looks primed for a promotion to the highest office in the land,” French wrote.
Smith, meanwhile, pleaded for the media to “do something” and have Clinton “say something” that could provide her with answers about the Benghazi attack.
“Have her call me!” Smith said. “I’m still waiting. Hillary, I’m waiting for what you promised me. All I heard was you getting on TV calling me a liar. That’s not true, Hillary. I am not the liar. You are the liar.”